Monday, December 31, 2007

revolutions, not resolutions

We are going to do our best to not make resolutions this new year, but to make revolutions. Our Pastor did a huge series on revolutions in the summer and we want to make some big changes in the Richards Family. I share these with you, so that you can encourage us along the way.

#1 cash system - we have tried in the past and it worked some times. We used to withdraw cash twice a month for groceries, gas, entertainment and necessities. When we stuck to it, we were always able to stay on budget. So, we are going to try again, now that we have been in our rental for 3 months and been watching our expenses, we have an idea of what it takes to live here.

#2 work-out - I got a gym membership (from Ben) and IPOD (from Bryan & Susan) for C-mas, so I am going to begin hitting the gym this next month. I kept trying to get a group of friends to walk with me, but everyone's lives are so busy. It was hard to nail down a consistent time.

#3 giving up soft drinks and sweet tea - I have had to do this as a necessity for the past two weeks b/c I was sick and it was not that hard. I LOVE my sweet tea, but I have discovered sweet-n-low is not too bad.

These three things have been tough hurdles in the past. Hopefully we are wiser, and also have the kinks out of most of them, that it should be easier to follow through.

1 comment:

Erica Wagner said...

Whoohoo! Good for you! (I'll keep you in check about the gym!)