Saturday, December 31, 2016
This is the 10th edition of our Top 10 list. I didn't realize I had been blogging for so long. Since I joined Instagram (and for a lack of time at a computer instead of a phone), I blog far less. I still write the blog for us and posterity sake. This is by far one of my highlights of wrapping up a year to look back and see all that we have done. Have a blessed 2017.
10. Ben became a RSBA coach. Rock Steady has grown exponentially this past year and Ben traveled to Indy to become a coach.
9. I became a personal trainer - I'm not really interested in personal training, but wanted to have a better understanding of exercise science. It took me almost four months to study and take the exam.
8. We had a fun reunion with Ben's family. This was the first time our kids met many of Ben's family. We had a great time at Mo Ranch in Hunt for the weekend.
7. We started our 7th year of homeschool. LE is in 6th grade, Boo is in 5th, R2 is in kinder and HR does pre-k/kinder.
6. The girls and I headed to church camp. This is the girls' 2nd year to pre-teen camp, my first and probably last. I have discovered being with other people's children is a thing of my past. I'll stick to my 4.
5. Landry has taken up karate. She has already taken her first belt test and worked up to an orange belt. She goes twice a week and has to pay half of her tuition.
4. Boo was in the production of I Never Saw Another Butterfly. Boo really missed theater from co-op so this past school year she participated in the One Day Academy Theater classes. We think she has gotten bitten by the acting bug.
3. We participated in Round the Rock Instagram challenge. We had a task of 50 things to do in RR this summer and we accomplished 40+. The last 8 were too expensive or didn't qualify for our ages. We had an absolute blast and discovered some of our newest favorite things to do in the area.
2. We traveled to Port A. We took an extended weekend getaway to Port Aransas earlier this fall. I'm not usually a beach person, scratch that Texas beach person. But it was a great time to connect with the kids.
1. We had a great family vacation to Branson. We were gifted a week stay at a time share in Branson and our fighters blessed us with cash for travel expenses. It was a great week to go off the grid and connect as a family.
Friday, December 23, 2016
1) new floors
2) kitchen redo
5) New SUV to pull #4
6) personal assistant
7) Maid or personal assistant
8) gift cards for date night
9) gym equipment
10) maid or personal assistant
I guess my wish list was a little unrealistic because I got a new mini van. It's the coolest minivan one can get, even black this time. Isn't it weird when you become an adult how your gifts become more of necessity. It's a 2016 Honda Odyssey and it has been affectionately named Vader.
Sunday, December 18, 2016
So far, we have had a slumber party under the Christmas tree, Christmas movie marathon, made gingerbread houses, Pancakes in Pajamas for dinner, made an advent chain, Christmas music dance party and my favorite so far was when they made Ben and I breakfast in bed for our anniversary.
I am so grateful for these moments and I am so especially proud of my girls for taking on so much responsibility in this crazy time of our lives.
Monday, December 12, 2016
Monday, December 05, 2016
LE and PawPaw could brave the cold in a barn, but the rest of stayed warm at home. We did make the drive to Ghost Town in Manor for their final round and neither disappointed. LE got multiple sticks as did PawPaw. LE won first in the youth division (out of two throwers) and PawPaw won first in the professional men's division for his tomahawk.
This girls' determination and passion for any thing she puts her mind to is a inspiring.
Saturday, December 03, 2016
I texted some good friends and when I say good I mean good. These friends came and even brought presents. We had our neighbor friends, and some friends from church over (with only 24 hour notice) for pizza, a cookie pizza and cupcakes his awesome sisters made. This kiddo is so loved.
Friday, December 02, 2016
You are into Paw Patrol, Star Wars, dinosaurs and animals. When you grow up you want to be a zookeeper. Somedays you want a dog, but others you want a cat. I think you just love to take care of others.
Favorite food- "any kind of food" except popcorn and eggs (yeah right) - "I like all of the stuff that I love, but none of the stuff I don't love." i.e. he likes chicken nuggets, toast, peanut butter/jelly sandwiches, pizza, candy, chips, bananas (all fruit, really), vitamins, pancakes
Favorite movie- Force Awakens
Favorite book- Charlie Brown Look and Find
Favorite cuddle love - "pillow"
Favorite Toy- Paw Patrol