Thursday, December 06, 2007

O, Christmas tree

Some of you got my e-mail yesterday about our Christmas tree. For our 2nd anniversary, Ben bought me a gorgeous C-mas tree for our huge living room window. This tree was huge and full, so big I never found a tree skirt big enough for it, so I had to use a quilt. Anyways, since we have moved into our rental I knew there was no way the tree would fit in the living room with our furniture and there is no room in the garage for furniture. Since we were not going to be able to put it up this year and probably not next year I decided I should let someone else enjoy my tree, instead of three Rubbermaid containers just sitting in the garage. SO, I sent an e-mail yesterday to my friends at church and asked if they knew of a family in need of a tree. Maria Bunkley replied fairly quickly and told me of a family who had just moved to the area. They had three kids and were not planning to have a tree this year. A few minutes after telling Maria they were welcome to it, the mom called wanting to know when she could come get it. In a little less than an hour she arrived with her 3 kids to the get the tree. The mom was so excited and the kids were bouncing in the back seat. There was a communication barrier as I tried to explain how to assemble the tree, but she said she would have her husband call if he had any problems. About half an hour later, he called asking me how to assemble the tree. Needless, to say the family was very excited and could not wait to put the tree up he explained. It was a great feeling being able to bless someone else the way I blogged about earlier this week!

2 comments:

Erica Wagner said...

That's awesome! What a blessing!

Meet the Boyd's said...

That is so GREAT! What a wonderful feeling to bring joy to the kids faces.