Saturday, December 22, 2007

looong trip home

Wednesday night, I was given some great advice from my friend, Heather, Mom to 10 children age 3 weeks to 12 years old. They are heading to Florida as I type with all 10 children in a van and no DVD player. We were talking about the trips home for the holidays with kids and she recommended leaving at night while the kids are going down to sleep. So, last night around 9:00 we loaded up the car to head to the grandparent's for C-mas, motorcycle in tow. Bell fell asleep right away, but by the time we got to South Austin she was wide awake. She began crying, no wailing around Johnson City and did that for the next hour and LE finally asleep about 10 miles from Gigi's. I know I sang Jingle Bells, Jesus Loves Me, and We wish you a Merry Christmas multiple times and Twinkle, Twinkle every time a star became visible, but it was not the worst trip ever!

No comments: