Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Big D

This is really long, just realized, but please read about visit to ccf in bold, it is the best part.

Ben and I dropped the girls off last Friday in Kerrville to spend the weekend alone for our anniversary. We have been asked several times what we did and with all honestly - we slept and ate! We got to Dallas later than expected on Saturday. We checked into our hotel, got dressed and went to eat at the Grand Lux Cafe. It is owned by the same company as the Cheesecake Factory, which is our fave dining destination. It was really good, very loud and very cramped. I am not sure it was any better than the C.C.F. One cool thing is that they make your desserts when your order them - so we had fresh baked apple pie. It was really good, but we were kind of stuffed from shrimp scampi and steak, which we had shared. They did not have my fave tea, so I settled with water. Afterwards, we drove to Highland Park to see the Christmas displays, very fancy neighborhood, great displays. Sunday morning, we slept in and then got up and watched the marathon, hoping to get a glimpse of Marcus and Anna - it was really COLD and wet - 40 degrees and dropping - KUDOS to them!! We went and ate brunch - Benedict's - it was good, but pricy for breakfast. I had a Denver omelet and Ben had eggs bendict. Then, we went back to the hotel - b/c it was raining and 34 degrees. At 1:00 we had a couple massage. This was the thing I was most looking forward to, relaxing, heated bed, it has been a year since my last massage. She commented on the fact that I was so tight, must had been awhile before she bruised every muscle in my body. She was this little tiny Asian girl and she beat me up!! I kept thinking she was working the knots out and then she was going to go back and give me my relaxing massage, nope - times up! I was kind of disappointed, but I took the best nap afterwards. Ben had Olga - he said she was great! Got up from our nap and met my girlfriend (bridesmaid in each other's weddings), Kim and her husband, Staphen, for Mexican food at the Blue Goose. Great tortilla soup if you are ever in the area. Chatted with them and then went back to the hotel. We sat around for awhile and then decided to go out for dessert at the Cheesecake Factory -it was early and we had a big nap:) One of our big things about going out is the conversations - our dates and meals are always graded by our conversations. So, we figured C.C.F. would be a great place to eat dessert and have some grown-up conversations. Yeah, right. Almost as soon as we sat down this younger trio were sitting at the table next to us, the guy was kind of loud and it was very easy to hear all of his conversation. We tried to not listen, b/c we was sharing a little more than we cared to know, but after about 15 minutes one of the girls asked about his dating and sex life. He then proceeded to tell her about his ex-boyfriend. She replied, well I have known for several years I was just waiting for you to tell me. The guy came out of the closet right there in front of us, Ben almost spit out his strawberry shortcake and I almost choked on my cheesecake! It was the most bizarre thing I have ever experienced in my eaves dropping days! He came out of the closet, right there! Needless to say our conversation was over, we hung on his every word! We went back to the hotel still talking about his conversation. The next day, we ate at Bread Winners, our fave place for b-fast, Ben had pancakes and I had eggs Benedict on a croissant. It was so yummy, but I wish we had waited for lunch, b/c the sandwiches looked scrumptious. We drove home in the fog, the entire state of TX must have been covered, b/c it was foggy the whole way. We got to Center Point to see our girls and had Gigi's homemade chili. We had a great time, very full and ready to get my gym membership tomorrow!

1 comment:

Erica Wagner said...

Sounds like a full weekend?

Did you say...gym membership?