Thursday, December 20, 2007

new doctor

God totally blessed me with a new doctor this week. I have lived in Austin for 6+ years and I have never found a doctor for when Ben or I are sick. I have gone to probably 4 or 5 doctors since we have lived here and could never find one that I liked or could understand. A couple of months back, I was taking pics at our Ladies Refreshed at church and this tall lady asked if I would take her photo for a non-profit. I said sure, and thought very little of it. The next week, she e-mailed me to get a copy of the photo and then told me she was a new doctor in the area if I was in need of a doctor. At that moment no, but knew allergy season was coming. Well, Tuesday I woke up sick, but managed to get through the day and then that night I had the worst back pain. Wednesday morning it dawned on me - I had a kidney infection. Fretting, realizing I did not have a dr. or the fact it was 5 days till C-mas I called her - had her # in my photo archives and she saw my that morning, (did not play the name card yet) just knew I was in pain and said come in - and she was not seeing patients that morning b/c she was leaving for C-mas, but she saw me b/c she knew I was sick! Ok, this is a lot longer than I wanted to be - but SHE WAS AWESOME!! She was so witty and so personal, then I told her who I was and she became even more friendlier! She got me one of her brochures and her post cards and there was the pic! I had no idea my serving the Lord by taking pics at Refreshed would lead to such a blessing, but let me tell you , the meds kicked in right away and I finally have a doctor!! Her name is Lori Palazzo and she is at San Gabriel Internal Medicine in Georgetown. If you are in need of a doctor, she was a doll!!

1 comment:

Erica Wagner said...

Having a great doctor makes all the difference in the world!