Monday, March 21, 2011

my go-to snack

I am tired of spending large chunks of money on trail mix that is predominately raisins and peanuts, so this month I scoured the bulk aisles and Sam's and decided it was cheaper to make it our way.
I am so glad we have a HEB Plus near our home with a huge selection of nuts and dried fruit.  I buy the black/white bags of dried fruit that are $1.99 a bag and then dice them myself.  I also added a handful of dark chocolate chips (which I usually have to go back and replenish b/c of two little blonde elves who snatch them).

Richards Family Five Trail Mix
dried banana chips, shaved coconut, dried papaya & mango, craisins and raisins
dark chocolate chips
cashews, almonds and peanuts (from Sam's)
Mix together, quantities according to your liking.



1 comment:

mary.mimi said...

sounds really good... guess I will have to make some of this...