Wednesday, March 02, 2011

2 months down, 10 to go revisited

My guy scolded me tonight and said, "we don't have ten months to go, this is not a diet, this is a lifestyle". 
He is doing great on the lifestyle, he has lost weight and dropped a pant size this past month.
I cannot tell a difference, which is totally discouraging b/c I work out 4 -5 times a week.  This week I took Zumba for the first time, not my first choice in class, but it was a good workout none the less.  I was talking to the fitness director at the gym and she said if I want to see changes I need to be sweating 30 minutes, 7 days a week.  My goal was 5 days a week, now I am trying to bump it to 6 days, not sure 7 days will ever be a reality.
The eating part is a breeze.  I still love eating clean.  Today, we had cupcakes and ham, and I felt miserable afterwards.  I was so groggy and blah feeling (even had to take a nap) until I had some fruit.  The eating out desire is growing VERY strong.  My gym is across the street from Sonic and it NEVER fails that someone has a big old sonic drink.  I know it is better for us, but man I want one.  It is also harder now that I am working 3 days a week, homeschooling 5 days and full-time domestic goddess to not want to eat out, but we are getting the hang of it, day by day.
 

1 comment:

Erica Wagner said...

Kristi, is it "SONIC" that you want, or just a soda? Because I don't see anything wrong with having a small 8oz soda every once in a while. Treat it as a "luxury" item you can have 1x week. I think deprivation is what causes us to breakdown the most when we diet. "Everything in moderation" is our motto.