Monday, March 14, 2011

couscous?

Do you know about couscous? I had never heard about it until my vegan friend insisted I substitute it for rice a few months back. LE will not eat rice, and Bell thinks it is one of the greatest things on the planet. So, I was so excited when I found out how much better than potatoes, rice or pasta it was.
I find it in the bulk aisle, super cheap. I boil one cup chicken broth to half cup couscous.
For this recipe I sauteed 2 green onions and half diced red bell pepper. Then I seasoned with minced garlic and some oregano. Then, I added a diced Roma tomato (juices squeezed and seeded) and a dash of salt and a handful of feta cheese (after pic was taken.)
This side was served with balsamic pork chops and grilled peaches. Ben said it was one of the best dishes we had ever cooked.

3 comments:

Erica Wagner said...

The entire meal looks yummy!

I've cooked couscous before. I made a couscous salad - calmata olives, feta cheese, cucumbers (I think), roma tomatoes, salt/pepper, etc. Served cold. It was really good.

Unknown said...

Verna made your couscous last night :) It was so yummy! I'm actually having some for lunch right now! Thanks for sharing :)

Colleen said...

that last comment was by me sorry!