Saturday, January 31, 2009

boyish behavior...

I have heard horror stories of the creative ideas boys have during their rest time, so I have been thankful thus far, that my girls are not so creative in a "let's gross mom out" sort of way.  But, it did kind of surprise me today when LE called me during naptime to tell me Bell had pooped in her bed.

First thought was "I did remember to put her in a diaper at nap, didn't I?"  Of course I did...

I walk in the room and yes indeed there is a neat little pile of poop on her pink sheets and poop down her leg, and hers and LE's diaper lieing on the floor between their beds - first boyish behavior!  So, I get every thing cleaned up and I lay down with Bell to get the wiggles out, but I keep smelling poop - "It is just in my nostrils."  When I look over and notice she has poop on her forehead - 2nd boyish behavior?  I mean was she smelling it???  Please no!

So, what is your best naptime story?

2 comments:

Cari said...

I have to say, having worked in childcare for so long I had the same thoughts, but of all three of my kids my daughter is the ONLY one to have done that to me. I gross out very easily, so I feel you're pain! My boys normally attempt gravity defying feats when they are supposed to be sleeping. Hey, thanks! I just realized there is at least one plus to my kiddos growing out of naptime!!

Carri said...

Sawyer did that same sort of thing several times when he was potty training, what fun it was. He would get it under his fingernails, gross! Seb and I had a system: I stuck Sawyer in the bath and literally scrubbed him with a scrub brush to get the smell off while seb stripped the sheets and disinfected the bed. thankfully Breck never dreamed of doing that!