Sunday, January 04, 2009

must be God...

I just finished an awesome incredible book that was recommended to me while in Africa, Bait of Satan by John Bevere. In the recommendation, my friend said; "there are two books every believer should read - The Bait of Satan and Hind's Feet on High Places." I put this on my C-mas list to my mom-in-law, but in a matter of 24 hours, the book came up again based on some issues Ben and I have faced (not towards each other). So, drove myself to Family Christian Bookstore and bought it. Let me say - this is a book every believer should not only read, but own to drag out every time they are hurt or offended. This book has changed everything in the past 2 weeks. Then, tonight as I am sitting down to blog about it, I have a notice that Erica over Haphazard Happenstances has recommended a book by the same author. He is a great author, easy read, but be ready to have your world changed. I will be heading over to Amazon to look for the next read soon. I did get 6 books for C-mas, so I am creating a new feature on my blog for what we're reading.

4 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

I am always looking for good books to read ... I am reading 2 right now that I need to finish first, then I will move onto the one you have mentioned!!

Erica Wagner said...

I've read Bait of Satan too, but could read it again. :) Good book for sure.

I think we should all get together and form an online library of the books we all have and have a checkout system. There's probably a ton of books that you have that I'd like to read and so on... let's think about that and enlist some friends!

Messenger International said...

Hey! So glad to hear Bait of Satan has touched your life!

Wanted to let you know John & Lisa Bevere now have a blog… would love for you to check it out and ‘follow’.

www.MessengerInternational.blogspot.com

Blessings!

Marissa said...

His wife Lisa Bevere is also really good. I haven't gotten the chance to read any of her books but have heard her speak and she has some amazing words from God!