Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Shack


I finished The Shack last night around 11:30. I could not put it down, but I did not want it to end. I read everything from the intro to the acknowledgements to the info on the Missy Project. The book was so enlightening. It was so much more than entertaining. It was eye-opening kind of literature. I just hung on every word and thought. It really helped me to get that life is about the relationship and not the rules that religion puts on everyone/everything. So much so that I had to wake Ben up and pray with him b/c my heart was racing when I alone was trying to get some thoughts straight in my head. So, it is not for everyone, but I think it is another one of those reads for every believer. You will walk away wondering, is it really fiction or not?

4 comments:

Erica Wagner said...

I finished yesterday too. Had some thought provoking stuff in there...

Anonymous said...

People are now saying that it is a theological disaster. That is thought provoking.

~kristi said...

Yeah, but I am pretty sure the Saducees and Pharisees thought Jesus was a theological disaster!

Elaine said...

I just finished reading The Shack last night. So true about emphasizing the importance of relationship over religion. We want to know Him and obey out of our gratitude for what He did for us, not out of duty or obligation. I think it really shows God's true heart for us, His creation.