Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Voices of the Faithful & The Shack

I told you that I had received 6 books for Christmas, and I have finally created my bookmark for what we are reading in my gadget list (far right).  I am reading The Shack by William P. Young, oh my gosh.  I am about 1/3 through, oh wow!  Someone told me it is not for the weak, um no! Get it, you will not be disappointed.  Just curious, who has already read it?
My 2nd recommnedation - Voices of the Faithful by Beth Moore - I got a daily devotional from my sister-in-law, Marissa and at first thought - Is it going to be like the other devotionals that get read for about a week and then shelved?  Once again - umm, no!  Each day is written by a different missionary - my new found love if you had not noticed.  The thing I love about it is what I am learning more and more as I read the Bible - Christians are not perfect, the disciples were not perfect, missionaries still get scared, still question what they are doing in the middle of nowhere, did you really send me here, Lord?  In the opening of January Beth Moore states--- Sometimes difficulty comes to us smack-dab in the center of God's will.  
Are you serious, Lord?  Here for the past month I have been wondering God, what have I done?  Where are you?  What do I need to do to  hear you?  What do I need to get things fresh/alive again?  He is still there, still holding my family, still has a purpose for my life.   Thank you Lord for great Christian authors-  Father, please continue to send words to Ben and I even if they are not audible or written across the sky, we will still listen~

3 comments:

Marissa said...

I have read The Shack...it just gets better. I am about to read it again because I feel like there is so much more to get out of it! It really makes you dig down and think....and rethink! It is a great read but definitely an intense read! I've gotten so much out of it..but not enough room here! Glad you like the other book! It definitely made me think of you and where you are at now! I have another book by Joyce Meyer that you might like. When I finish it I will get it to you!

Anonymous said...

Most times HIS shouts are heard in the softest whispers...
Amazing to watch as HIS plan unfolds before you...enjoy the journey...
LUBYA MIMI43grlz

Erica Wagner said...

Not read "The Shack" yet. I'm on the waiting list at the library.