Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Christmas at PawPaw & Mimi's































Christmas at my parents is such a special time for me.  I love that all 6 of us, and now spouses,babies, great-grandparents too all put down everything, football included and gather for a few hours.  My dad starts off by reading Luke 2 and then we pray as  a family.  Then, we pass out all of the presents and one-by-one we go around the room taking turns watching what each other receives and their reactions of what we gave them.  I love it, it is a time honored tradition that I hope we always keep.  I know some traditions get tiring, but I don't know for some reason we all respect this one and want to keep it going.

2 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Sure was fun ... we should do it again!! :)

Anonymous said...

i had the best time celebrating christmas with yall. lets hope troy keeps me around long enough for a few more. haha.