Thursday, January 08, 2009

our final destination - XaiXai





After another incredibly long nkumbi (van) ride we drove to XaiXAi (where Celebration Church will be building a church) for our final party.  We stayed right on the Indian Ocean.  We opened our windows at night and awakened every morning to the sound of the waves.  It was so amazing.  These rooms had mosquito nets, so I could sleep in jammies.  God's glory is evident everywhere here.  XaiXai is on the ocean, but many of the locals do not get in the water.  Our driver, who was from Swaziland had never even seen the ocean before.  He was like a kid splashing in the waves.  Shileen, Carol, Patrick and I went to the ocean the first day.  There were crabs everywhere.  I actually caught two of them with my bare hands.   
It was so relaxing!  The beaches are different than in the Gulf, one there is no trash or oil, but the water does not gradually get deeper.  In the Indian Ocean it drops off pretty quickly so the waves are a lot more rough.  I got knocked down several times and I did not go that far in at all.  We had all of our meals with this amazing view.   

1 comment:

annie's mom said...

OK I can definitely see myself working here...