Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The end of the journey

The trip to Africa was amazing.  I wish all of you could experience it.  It is so hard to put into words the things I witnessed, the emotions I felt, and how it effected me.  The kids were so beautiful and so gracious.  I heard a song yesterday on Christian radio that really summed it all up - No one is an orphan in God's family, no one is an outcast.  I have never heard the song before, I wish I had a clue who sang it so I can sit and listen to the words.  
These babies were even some of the blessed ones.  They are being fed, they have a shelter over their head, they have a guardian, some education and some health care.  There are so many in that area that had nothing.  It was just so special.  I am so humbled the Lord chose me.  I am so humbled my trip was almost completly paid for.  I appreciate all of you who prayed or sponsored me.  I felt the Lord every step of the way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"YOURS" by Stephen Curtis Chapman..
I thought of you when I heard it.
You do what you can and remember "THEY are HIS" too...
MIMI43glrz...

Luminata said...

I am a new bloger. Just got on-line a couple of days a go, and I am trying to make some friends on-line. If you have the time, please visit me:

http://luminata55.blogspot.com/

Marissa said...

I think the song is Orphans of God by Avalon. http://www.last.fm/music/Avalon/_/Orphans+of+God. its on their cd Stand. Hope this is the one.