Monday, February 02, 2009

Love of a Lifetime Conference

This weekend, Ben and I went to a marriage conference at the church.  Dr. Gary Chapman, author of the 5 Love Languages, Dr. Gary and Barb Rosberg and Shaunti Feldhahn were the guest speakers.  We had a really great time and got a refresher on the 5 love languages.   One very interesting thing, really interesting in my opinion was a comment Ben made.  He said Shaunti Feldhahn was the first speaker whoever "read his mind" like that, "she knew me better than I knew me."  Ok, those are big words coming from Ben. 
So, at the break Saturday we bought her books, For Women Only, For Men Only, and For Parents Only.  I had actually read For Women Only last year, but decided if it meant that much to Ben I would read it again.  She suggested giving each other the opposite book and highlighting what was really important to you personally and then switching the books.  Last night, as we were reading Ben commented I was sure highlighting alot.  So, I guess, Shaunti knows me pretty well too!  

2 comments:

Carri said...

oh good, we're starting her book in my group at church!!! that's a good idea to highlight and swap. hmmm....

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Have ya read the book, "Now, Your speaking my Love Language!"!? That's next on the agenda for Bryan and I ... then we will have to check those out!!