Friday, November 21, 2008

still small voice

A couple of months ago, I heard a quiet still voice - very clear and very obvious. I have heard this voice before and I knew who it was and I knew I wanted to obey. I heard - "Let Stampin' Up go, I have bigger things for you, as long as you hold onto it, I will not let you go any farther."
The setting was very odd - I was sitting on a couch at a birthday party for Sheryl. I was talking to Sheryl and Amanda Bouldin (this is important later in the story). We were not talking about Stampin' Up or anything, so "why then Lord?"
Fast forward to 4 weeks ago. I was sitting at lunch with the Bouldins. Amanda gets this beaming smile and tells me - I am the answer to her prayers. She needs me to create the hangtags for their new clothing line. I met with them the following week and it has been a whirlwind ever since. We are already selling shirts and several other businesses are interested in picking up the line. One of the first things Amanda told me when I signed on for this was that we would be clothing 3rd World Countries. The website is still a work in progress. I am so excited about the potential and I am so excited to be involved with "something bigger than me." I still get to stamp and now for an important cause. I encourage you to always listen for that still, small voice.

2 comments:

Erica Wagner said...

That's awesome, Kristi! You go girl!

annie's mom said...

I knew it! Even though it's hard for me, I'm so proud of you for not turning back..now run free! God is faithful, and thanks for the reminder.
love you dear friend,
L.