Tuesday, November 18, 2008

something to say on quiet time

I commented in my last entry how I have been tossing and turning at night. I have been waking up at night for weeks, no reason, just wide awake! Last night at 2 a.m. I had a revelation. It is the only time of the day I am still ~ no e-mails, no cell phones, text messages, no children needing supervision, no dogs barking, no housework that can be done ~ my only quiet alone time to be with the Lord. So, I have been seeking Him during these times, praying mainly and trying to be still and listen. I really want to encourage you to make time to be with the Lord each day, I fear I am going to continue waking up until I make him more of a priority during the awake time of my day.
more on prioritizing to come:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahmmm... HE does have a way of getting our attention...sometimes with a 2X4, sometimes in the stillness of the nite...remember HE doesn't sleep !! BUT HE is anxious to spend time with you..so if you make the time HE is already waiting...LUB YA
Mimi43grlz

Unknown said...

Those 'DUH' moments ... they are wonderful!!

JJthe1st said...

I totally relate. He really does want our attention.