Friday, May 01, 2015

high X training

Recently I was chosen by the group X manager at my gym to attend the HIGH X training on a scholarship.  I was so excited when I found out I would be learning from the creator of High X, Gabby Reece.  I am still waiting on the official word of when we will be launching the classes at the gym, but I am super excited about the boot camp format.  You can view a sample of the class HERE.  I think I was most impressed with the details our master instructor took to teach us modifications for all participants.  Most group X style classes, just teach you the exercises and turn you loose.
I have to say meeting one of my favorite female athletes of all time was a huge perk for me too. Gabby was an Olympian when I was in college, and the world typically stands still for the Olympics, it's even on my bucket list to attend them.  During the lunch break, most everyone headed out but I had packed my lunch so I got to chat with Gabby for a while.  I told her I home schooled and she said she respected and admired that, her girls are home schooled, but by a private tutor.  As she was leaving she came over and hugged me and said Mama, I know you have the patience of Job, keep it up.  AND THAT was the highlight of my entire experience.

No comments: