Saturday, October 12, 2013

side trip - Vegas Baby!

Another item on my bucket list has been to eat at a buffet in Las Vegas.  I saw a special one time on the food network and it has intrigued me ever since.  When we set out for Vegas that was my only wish.  Lots of people recommended different shows and of course we wanted to try our hand at gambling. Discovered gambling (slots) was not our thing, we blew a whole whopping eight bucks.  We ended up walking the entire strip and visited almost every hotel lobby.  We skipped the shows and opted for the sights and people watching.  We did see the Bellagio fountains, the Pirate show at Treasure Island (total waste of time), and the volcano at the Mirage.  We planned to hit Serendipity for a late night treat but discovered Vegas (with the exception of gambling) closes at midnight?!?!  We ended up getting dessert at the Sugar Factory and pizza at Secret Pizza.  We booked a night with our Hotel Tonight app at the Hard Rock Hotel, best sleep of the trip (probably b/c we didn't have kids, just sayin').  We came in at 4 a.m. Texas time!  Got to sleep late and then hit Caesar's Palace for the buffet.  Did you know it is not the real Caesar's Palace?  We arrived at Bacchanal Buffet at 10:45, so we paid breakfast price and were able to score the omelet bar and dessert breads galore, but at 11 they brought out lunch.  Oh my gosh, it was heaven.   I had lobster macaroni and cheese, sushi, mussels, shrimp, oysters, salads, four desserts, yes four!  It was worth, worth, worth it!  I originally told Ben I would be ok with not returning to Vegas, it was a one-timer trip, but after the buffet I'm thinking we can go back.  I still dream about the food on this buffet.

No comments: