Wednesday, December 09, 2009

very sick boy

My computer is very sick, (and yes my computer is a boy, how do I know - b/c I do not understand my computer EVER!) It has been sick for a while, my posts were pretyped, sorry to deceive, but I have not had consistent access to my internet, e-mail or facebook for days. I have been able to check e-mail on the ipod, but the keypad is tiny so feel loved if you get a reply. I have to give up on the Christmas challenge and take a break from facebook and maybe enjoy this amazing holiday season.
I do have one final note before I go.
I have it heard it said if you will store the Lord's word in your heart, it will be there when needed. In our family we listen to Christian radio or children's praise CD almost exclusively. Most mornings begin with one of us turning on KLOVE so that we have worship music playing all day. I do not even turn it off when we leave (for the dogs or maybe in case we have break-in they might hear the word, I know I am weird.) Because of this I wake up every morning with a song in my head, and b/c of our choice in music it is usually the Word. I have been up since 2 this morning and I have had a song in my head, a song I have not heard in years, so I know it is from the Lord. I also know it is something I need to grab firmly onto, but I also feel lead to share the words on here for some reason. (I do not know the artist or the name of the song.)

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full into His wonderful face.
And the things of Earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of his glory and grace.

Hope to see you soon!
Jesus is the only reason for this season. God bless.

3 comments:

Erica Wagner said...

I wake up singing worship or praise songs in my head all of the time!

Paper Potter said...

Ooo, Ooo (hand waveing wildly in the air), I know this one!

Turn Your Eyes upon Jesus was written by Helen H. Lemmel in 1922 according to my Baptist Hymnal. The rest from internet info is:

Copyright: Public Domain

Main subject: Exhortation

Scripture: Hebrews 12:2

I sometimes wake up with the same song in my head for DAYS, especially while Joe was dying, and I just know it is the Holy Spirit's comforting.

annie's mom said...

I was going to go to bed, but decided to look at one more thing before...This brings back such good memories growing up in the Baptist church...what a great thing to sing as I go to bed tonite...thank you for touching my heart (again!)
love you!
P.S. Sure beats Fa-leez Navidad...I'm just sayin.