Monday, December 28, 2009

soup recipe

I am so blessed to have a husband who enjoys soups. My dad and brothers would not touch them growing up, come to think of it, I did not touch them growing up. Ben used to work at the Peach Tree in Fredericksburg, so I married a guy who has a taste for good food.

I stole this recipe from Erica who stole this recipe from Stormi. A pot is simmering right now on the stove, so gave me inspiration to blog.


Tortellini Soup
3 boxes of beef broth
1 lb of lean meat - we use ground turkey or Italian sausage (browned and drained)
1 small pkg of frozen tortellini (or fresh)
1 small pkg frozen green beans
1 diced zuchinni
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
Season with salt, pepper, clove (or 2 or 3) of garlic, basil, oregano and Italian seasonings.

Simmer all ingredients on stove for 15 minutes - I wait to add the tortellini until the last 5 minutes, tends to get soggy.
Garnish with mozarella or parmesan cheese.

No comments: