Monday, September 01, 2008

labor day














































I cannot believe it is Labor Day. Labor Day is a big day for me, it symbolizes so many things. As a child it meant it was the week of my birthday or better yet it was my birthday. In the early years, that school would start the following day. Then, in college it meant the weekend of the first football game and then an extra day that I could travel home. After college it meant a day off from teaching, a four day work week. For the past four years it has meant a party on the hill & Ben having a day to spend with the girls. I love labor day it really is one of my favorite holidays.
We had such a blast last night on the hill. I had to work a little, but mostly was "wired" with a headset to hear what all goes on for a party of 8-9,000 people. We had great food, great music, saw friends, saw an old student of mine, bounced, waited in a few lines, got a few ant bites, got dirty in the sand and made lots of memories!

2 comments:

Aimee J said...

Looks like fun!

Unknown said...

She makes that hot dog look delicious!