Wednesday, September 03, 2008

my kind of day










This morning I got to sleep till 9 a.m. Oh heaven~ then, two little blondies came into my room singing and bearing scrambled eggs with a candle.
At 10 we met lots of friends at the water park for splash day and had so much fun (no camera). Then, home for a nap, shower & dinner at Mimi's Cafe. It was our first time to try Mimi's and we will definitely be going back. It was super yummy and the portions were big enough to share. Then, off to the Outlet mall to walk it off. My friend, Faith gave me a gift card to Starbucks today, so I got my caffeine fix for the month. We rode the mechanical car, Bella said - don't want to; LE was obliged. Tossed coins in the fountain, saw the new princess costumes at the Disney store, (we did take them into the store, but it was too cute watching them peer into the windows. I think that is probably what 3-year old heaven is - the Disney Outlet Store). Then, back home for story time and Ben putting the girls to bed. Oh yeah and LE pooped on the potty - TMI I am sure, but it made my day! Now I am off to bed to finish my new book, I am still not loving it, but its good, on page 168. Oh yes and my gift from Ben and the girls was a camera for my purse, thus the reason I did not have one at water park today - it was still charging and forgot it! Thanks Ben and girls I love you so much. You made my b-day so special!

6 comments:

Carri said...

happy birthday my friend!!! sounds like you had a great day :)

Erica Wagner said...

looks and sounds like a fabulous day! happy birthday!

put that book down if it doesn't grab ya. there's no need to waste time on a bad book!

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a special day. Happy Birthday!

Mrs. Jenk said...

what a great day! I am starting the book this weekend- I hope it at least sparks good conversation!

Anonymous said...

Only a mommy can understand how quickly the time goes by from her own little girl doing these things-- and "her" little girl doing these things with HER little girls....
MIMI misses you and the fun too..
LUB YA...and HBD...
hope you get over the trauma of not having me call at 4:30am to sing HBD...LOLOLOLOLO
LUBYA>>>

The Gumpls said...

I have a little something for your birthday!