Wednesday, September 17, 2008

they have a teacher for a mommy

I was a teacher for 10+ years before I became a Mommy so I am one of those moms who buys books, crayons and educational stuff for my kids any chance I get. This week we went to Wal-Mart and purchased sketch books and chalk to discover with. Although today LE told me she preferred to use colored pencils over chalk, they were more fun.
In the past month, PBS Kids have changed their scheduling and I am very disappointed with some of the new line up, but one show we are loving in the Richards Family Four is - Sid the Science Kid. Today, we learned about non-standard units of measurement. You are laughing now, I sense it, but my 3 year old got it. She has been walking around the house all afternoon measuring things with map pencils. This is 3 pencils long, Mommy, you are 10 pencils long. She is not precise, but it clicked with her. I do not know why I am amazed by my children every day. I did teach a 3 year old class a couple of times, but it is amazing to watch them grow and discover new things. Bella is right along side her measuring too. I did find her a ruler and she has been playing with it too. She is taking a nap with it now.
I apologize for the lack of postings and comments lately. I have been really trying to spend the girls' nap time off the computer. I have found another book to recommend - How to be a God Chaser and A Kid Chaser by Tommy Tenney. It is for those of us who are trying to seek the Lord, but too busy b/c we are chasing kids. I have really enjoyed it and HIGHLY recommend it. It is so reassuring to know that there other people out there, mighty servants of the Lord who have had to juggle schedules around diapers, laundry, meals, play time etc.

No comments: