Saturday, September 27, 2008

spring cleaning?

The girls are at Mimi's this weekend!! I am on a massive get rid-of-it-all kick. This next weekend we will have been in our rental for one year. It was only supposed to be for six months so I kept almost everything from our "bigger" house not into this "smaller" house. This past weekend, I told Ben if the girls were gone for just 2 or 3 days I would clean out the garage, which was more of an over sized junk drawer (thanks Sean Bouldin for the analogy). So, yesterday after my duties at the church and haircut was complete I began tossing!! In the 2 hours I worked I already made 2 Goodwill runs, 1 box of books to sell at Half-Priced Books, 2 boxes of teaching manipulatives for church learning center, 1 box of baby toys for baby Emmie, puzzles and books for Mimi and Gigi's houses (a cool dino puzzle for Adom) and 2 full cans of garbage. Hey, I just noticed garage is garbage w/out the B! Sorry, it is still early! So, I am off to the garage this morning to begin the day! Oh, yeah some great finds too - For my three brothers I found books from our childhood. I guess mom gave them to me when I was teaching - books that were signed by our Nana, she passed away 7 years ago and our wedding time capsule that I will now remember to open when I get back from Africa.

No comments: