Wednesday, September 10, 2008

smile award

I've been awarded by Erica of Haphazard Happenstances, the esteemed "SMILE AWARD!" Thanks Erica and yes, I do love you and your kiddos! The rules of the smile award is to pass it along to those people who you feel represent what a big ol' smile is which is someone who:
1. Must display a cheerful attitude. (not necessarily at all times–we are all human).
2. Must love one another.
3. Must make mistakes.
4. Must learn from others.
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world.
6. Must love life.
7. Must love kids.

There are rules are:
The recipient must link back to the awards creator (The Babblings of Mere).
You must post these rules if you receive the award.
You must choose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself.
You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award (see above).
You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
You must create a post sharing your win with others.
You must thank your giver.
But this has been my predicament, I do not/cannot pick 5. I like to think as I have gotten a little older, hopefully a little wiser that I have begun to surround myself with people who make me smile. I try to read blogs that make me smile, so having to choose 5, blah! I don't want to follow the rules!
So here goes my attempt to narrow it down to 5! Oh and in particular order too!
1. Lisa at Annie's Mom. I don't think I have met someone who has made me giggle so many times while being crafty like my friend, Lisa. I love to spend time with her and her family. My husband respects her husband, Brandt to the umpth degree. Her daughter is sunshine and I love be around them. She has adopted sweet Annie from China and shares their adventures via her blog.
2. Stefani at Blue Yonder. I can honestly say you have inspired me more than anyone this year through your blog and our conversations. I feel like I have known you for years b/c of the joys of Mommyhood you share so beautifully on your blog. I love to see what adventures you and the boys have been through each day of homeschooling. You make me smile EVERY time I read your blog. I admire your creativity and the way you teach your boys to love learning.
3. Stormi at Hangin' with the Boyd's. I think Stormi and I could have been separated at birth. We are basically the same height, same build, same natural hair color, met in children's ministry, have a daughter the same age, love for the 80's, love for NKOTB, and big SUV's. Stormi's blog wit is so, well, witty! She makes me laugh every time she tattles on her child & her balance of Mommy and work is so amazing. She proves you can be an incredible mom and work full time out of the house.
4. Aimee at Jarzabecks R US. This girl loves her family. She has the most beautiful, curly haired little boy and she loves to keep her family posted through her blog. She gave up her career of being the next top chef to be a SAHM and she is doing it so well. And she is a pretty good SU! demo girlie too!
5. Ugh, seriously 5 - Anna at Journey with the Jenks. This girl loves people like I have never met anyone in my life, my cousin, Anna is the most friendliest people-person I have ever known. I guess that is why she is an event planner and a good one at that. She is an expectant mom and I do not think there is more love for an unborn child than this couple has for their baby, Abby Lu. I cannot wait till she gets here!
5. Susan at Life in Our Shoes. This girl loves me and my family, she loves children even more than me! Susan is one of the sweetest, most thoughtful, GENUINE people I have ever been around. I love this girl and I love all that she represents. She is oozing love for everyone and especially for her Heavenly father. I am so proud to call her my SIL.
5. Carri at This is the Day. One of my oldest and dearest friends from teaching. She is now a SAHM of 3 children and doing a lovely job! She lived away from her family for years before the Lord allowed her to return to her home state of OK to be near her parents. She has kept in touch with photos and e-mails. She encouraged me to teach 1st grade and it became one of the best teaching experiences ever to work along side her. I will ever be forever grateful to you for making me stretch my wings.
5. Colleen at Venturing into the Unknown. This brave girl packed up and left all she knew to follow & support her husband & his career. She is doing it with grace, love and a big smile even though it has been probably one of the hardest things she has had to do. She is raising a beautiful son and doing it with style and humility. She is tackling new adventures like having to locate a new church, taking on the gym, learning new hobbies and loving her family alone in a big city.
Other honorable mentions who I excluded b/c they are either new to blog world or taking time off from blogging for one reason or other & b/c it was getting way too long and b/c I cannot leave anyone out!! ...Natalie at the Gumpl Gang, who is Mommy to 2 preschoolers and 9 months prego with baby #3, totally understand why you are not contributing to blog world, Deanna@ Fearfully and Wonderfully Made - new blogger, getting into the swing of things, Pam & Mandy - conquering Kids Celebration, two of the hardest working women I know who always have a smile! PopPop - Tom at Ramblings and Rantings, Man I hope you keep this blog thing up. You are so gifted at writing and I want the girls to have those treasured stories to enjoy. Mandy at Yours Truly, away from family and friends, supporting her military husband. She has a love for our country and so much support for our troops and her dog is pretty funny too!

3 comments:

Mrs. Jenk said...

thanks- you make me smile too!

Pam said...

Thanks Kristi! See I do read it!!!
Enjoyed our chat yesterday!

Carri said...

thank you kristi! you are the best. i miss you tons. :)