Tuesday, August 12, 2008

the Olympic dream

I love the Olympics, I have sat and watched hours since I have been at my parents this week. Sports I would not normally watch, I have caught myself mesmerized watching. It is not all about the Americans either. Today I watched a man win the first medal for Togo in white water rafting & I cheered louder for him than I did any American. I was hoping tonight they would show the German woman, (age 33 and a mom) competing in the gymnastics, but the competition between China and USA was the main focus. I love the stories Bob Costas does on the Olympic spirit. They are so interesting and always so stinkin' mushy! My fave part so far has to be the Americans shutting up the French in the 4x100 relay in swimming. But then again my absolute favorite sport, track and field is yet to be run! I am hoping my girls go to bed effortlessly next week, so I can stay up to ungodly hours and try not to yell to loudly at the tv. What is your favorite part of the Olympics so far? And to my Aussie blogging friend, what has been the biggest build up down under b/c here it is all about Michael Phelps and his quest for most golds ever?
I will be heading back to Austin tomorrow, so I will be back at my bloggin' computer with pics, buttons and e-mail. XOXO

3 comments:

Erica Wagner said...

I've enjoyed it all this time around!

We've watched: women's beach volleyball, swimming (of course!), synchronized diving (very interesting), and gymnastics. Unfortunately, that's about it.

My favs are track and field too. Probably b/c my brother and I ran track for so many years that I've just grown to love it.

Miss you at the gym!

Anonymous said...

Ethan and I have been wathcing the olympics too. There are somethings I don't like...they only show curtian things what they think is important I like watching other countries besides America too. Phelps is over played ugh! And remember when they use to show which each judges score was then the total. I liked that b/c the you can see who the tough judges are and stuff. My favorite is a tie between synchronised swimming and softball.

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Bryan and I have really enjoyed watching the gymnastics and swimming! Last night we watching the finals sync. diving for the girls ... it was plain amazing!!

Bryan is of course really excited about Track and Field (also his favorite!) Gymnastics is my favorite ... too bad the girls could not hold off those china girls!