Friday, August 01, 2008

do you share entrees?

It is no secret that we are a frugal bunch at the Richards Family Four. When we go shopping I have trained LE to love the dolls or animals, but then when it is time to leave they have to go back to their mommies on the shelves. Ok so it has worked so far, so please do not teach her any differently.
This week, Ben treated us to La Margaritas. The thing is we, Ben and I, can share a meal, we both can put away an entire entree if given the option, but we can comfortably share fajitas for one. Then, order the girls a plate of beans, meal comes with tortillas, make the girls a bean burrito and everyone is pleasantly full when we leave, not stuffed, but we have each had enough to be content. It seems every time we do this, we get the worst service, oh yeah, & we always drink water. Yes, we are frugal, but that is truly all of the food we need. I will never forget going to eat with a family of 6 and each ordered their own thing and each threw away large quantities of food. It always stuck with me, that my kids will eat what is on their plate and they will not just be handed everything they want - yes, that is another tangent. Anyways, back to waitress - she seemed really huffed that we were so "tight". We tipped her more than 40% though, so just wonderin' I am on the right track? Should I deserve crummy service b/c I am not a big spender???

4 comments:

ellie said...

Hello. I just came over here from Blue Yonder blog, and thought I'd comment (as we all love comments, don't we!).
I agree with you about service sometimes changing when you share. And sometimes when you even walk into a place with little children you get attitude. I generally don't go to those places again, unless the food (and value) are so good. In that case I try my hardest to be extra nice to the wait staff.
I like hearing about other people sharing; it's something we always grew up doing, and continue to do - with family as well as friends.

Erica Wagner said...

Of course, it is not fair, but I'm not surprised! :)

We ALL share fajitas for two. All four of us. I've never noticed that we catch attitude, though. BTW, the girls love fajitas. That is their favorite meal!

Erica Wagner said...

BTW, love the new banner! Just love it!

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Do you think you would have got better service if you would have ate more!? GOod Waiters/Waiteress are rare!