Wednesday, August 06, 2008

ohhh naptime~ addendum


I used to LOVE nap time. 2 - 3 hours all to myself, the house was quiet, girls were safe, read my Bible, take a short nap ~ not so much the case anymore. On Sunday, we came home from church, ate lunch and put the girls to bed. Ben and I took a nap too, typical Sunday, until at 4:00 LE walks in and had still not gone to sleep, and Bella was gleefully jumping in her bed too. Fast forward to every day this week, it is now 2:30 and they are both still awake. We did the water park and everything this a.m. knowing good and well it would wear them out and they would crash on the way home, nope! If I let them fall asleep now, they will sleep till past 5, which means no 7:30 bedtime, which means no quiet time tonight. They do sleep in the same room, it is the only option right now.
Today, when we got home from water park we changed into dry clothes and they both climbed in LE's bed. I gave them the benefit of the doubt for ohh about 30 seconds. I told them they had to close their eyes and go to sleep. They are in their own beds, but giggling and still talking!
It is now 4:10, brought the girls in my room at 4 to ensure they would not fall asleep, made them stay in their beds until then, Bell could not take it any longer and has now crashed! FIGURES!

2 comments:

Erica Wagner said...

But they're just so cute... who needs a nap when you are that cute?

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

So how was yesterday evening!? Late going to bed ... or did everything work out!?