Wednesday, March 26, 2008

night at the ER

Bella has had a low fever for a couple of days, nothing major - could have been teething, earache, anything. Last night at 10 she woke up and was very dirty, if you know what I mean, so I changed her diaper and noticed she was extremely hot. 106 degrees hot. So, I called the doctor's hot line to see what they recommended we do. Of course, it was take her to the ER, the one thing I did not want to do. LE had woken up in the commotion, so Ben stayed home with her. So, I made the trek alone, we went to the brand new hospital near our house. I dread hospitals, doctor appts. like no one's business. But, this was the most pleasant experience at a hospital ever. There was no wait, paper work was a breeze, the staff (even housekeeping was offering encouragement) was so friendly. Nurses were trying so hard to comfort Bell. My friend, Pam came up and sat with me, so I was not alone and then she went to stay with LE (who was still awake) so Ben could come. God was so gracious in so many ways to us last night. They ran multiple tests, and even again this morning at a follow-up they could find nothing. She has a upper respiratory infection, with a fever that shot up. If you happen to need a ER or hospital, try the Seton Williamson new facility, they were absolutely awesome!

1 comment:

Meet the Boyd's said...

It's amazing that we have two new state of the art hospitals within 3 -4 minutes from our houses. Even if they are in a wheat field directly across from sheep! I'm glad you had a peaceful expereince.

Stormi