Saturday, March 01, 2008

Bess Bistro

We tried Sandra Bullock's restaurant on Sixth Street tonight. I have been wanting to try it for over a year. It was so quaint, I loved the atmosphere, but I was cold the whole time, but Ben says I am always cold, so does not count. We waited at the bar (45 minute wait on Saturday night - 6th Street at 7:30 was not bad) and saw several appetizers that we wanted to try. We decided on a past fave, the mussels. While we were waiting on the apps they brought us a basket of homemade breads that was so scrumptious. I was trying to have self-control, but they were yummy!! Mussels were really good, not Nest good, but good. I ordered a Spinach Salad and Ben got salmon. It was one of the worst salads I have ever had, was thankful I had the bread at this point. Ben's salmon was really good, very good in my opinion (and he was sweet enough to share). He did not care for salad all that much either. The tomatoes on my salad had been cooked, the dressing was creamy, and the croutons were funky. It was just a blah salad. We skipped dessert. I do not think we will go back. Great atmosphere, oh but poor attention to detail too, NO toilet paper in restroom, none, zip, nada and the trash can was overflowing with waste onto the floor. And twice my water glass was completely empty before they refilled - Ben says I drink too much water, but a place like this usually is on top of their game. Anyways, we can say we've been, but probably will not make a 2nd trip for the cost, also had to valet park, I hate HAVING to pay to park. And no we saw no one famous.

1 comment:

Erica Wagner said...

Good. Mark that one off the list! :)