Friday, March 07, 2008

in praise of my guy

Last night, Ben and I were delivering stamps and I was driving South on 35. I exited and stopped at the red light on the access road. When I hit the accelerator my back tire blew. I am so thankful we were on the access road and not driving 70 mph down the interstate. It was REALLY cold and REALLY windy last night, if you were snug in pj's like I should have been. But, my sweet loving husband let me stay in the semi-warm car, while he changed the tire! So, now a prayer request --- We have been thinking about buying a car for a couple of months and just could not commit, so decision time - do we put loads of money into this car (all 4 tires have to be replaced) or buy a new car this weekend. So, please pray for wisdom and guidance to the best car the Lord has for us. I have come to realize the best God has for us, may not mean the worldly standards of what the best is. So, I want the best car for our needs, GAS MILEAGE, safety, kid friendly and dependability. Thanks!!

2 comments:

Erica Wagner said...

I have nothing but awesome things to say about the mini-van. I was VERY resistant about getting one, but honestly don't know how I lived for so long w/o one. I'd get a mini-van time and time again!

Aimee J said...

Got it. And I understand completely. We finally were able to purchase a second car after 15 months of sharing the one (that I hated to drive).