Tuesday, May 13, 2014

My Mother's Day

I am beginning a grass roots movement to make all Sundays Mother's Day.  My family spoiled me this year.
The day started off at 5:30 a.m. when R2 woke me up to cuddle.  Thankfully I was able to get him back into his bed until 6:30, but Ben got up with him at that point b/c everyone else was awake with anticipation.  LE and Boo had gotten up early to straighten up the living room and plan her surprise for me.
For breakfast, I had my yearly request of breakfast tacos (including the flour tortillas).  And then, I was sent on a scavenger hunt for my surprise.  I went all over the house and backyard looking for clues (they were inspired by C-mas morning).  I ended up back in my bedroom on top of my new massage table (the table arrived earlier in the week as my gift from Daddy), but the girls had planned a spa day for me.  I got a makeover, a pedicure and a massage.
For lunch, Daddy made steaks, grilled mushrooms, roasted new potatoes and asparagus.  He also cleaned the kitchen afterwards.
That afternoon while the boys napped the girls and grown-ups played a intense round of Disney's Apples to Apples and Sequence (capital and states edition).
The kids had an early dinner of their choice and then it was light saber i.e noodle wars in the backyard.  After kids' baths, we put on one of my fave Pixar movies Ratatouille and Daddy sneaked out to pick up Cheesecake Factory.
It was the perfect day.  Well, except for the fact I had to work off the massive quantities I consumed this week
, but it was worth it.
I am so blessed.  And, yes Ben, you take excellent care of me.

No comments: