Monday, May 19, 2014

last minute camping trip

Last Thursday at 3:30, my mom called and asked if I wanted to meet her in Marble Falls to watch Jacob (my younger cousin) play baseball and go camping for the weekend.  At 5:30, we were loaded in the car pulling out of the driveway.  Have I ever said how much I love spontaneity?
We arrived for game #1, which we lost, but enjoyed camping at the Hofbrau RV Park.  The next morning, we had a camp breakfast and then went to Sweetberry Farms for our yearly supply of berries to make jelly.  Lunch was at my fave fast food joint, Taco Casa and then we spent the afternoon at the city park.  The girls met some other home school girls and put on a show for the parents/grandparents.  Then, back to the ballpark, where Jacob rallied his team and they won 7-2.  He was even interviewed for the local newspaper.
Saturday morning was spent at the "treasure store" where I scored 9 books for our summer reading challenge and then an afternoon baseball game, which we lost and were eliminated from the playoffs.  Jake is graduating so it was his last game.  Hard to imagine, my two year old ring bearer is graduating next week.   Daddy met us that afternoon and we spent another evening at the campgrounds.  The girls made a new friend who lived in the RV park and they spent the evening playing games while the grownups looked on.  The next morning we had breakfast and had to load up before the 11 am checkout.  Such a fun weekend, made me want a camper even more.

No comments: