Tuesday, January 15, 2013

unintentional blog fast

I know in the past when there is a dry-spell on the blog, it usually turns out that I am expecting, NOT THE CASE, just in case you were going there.
We I have been so busy lately.  The kids are back in the swing of school, I'm back to they gym and I have also taken on another role over the past few weeks, children's personal event planner.  No, not really, but I have been trying to organize play dates 2x a week, for four of five children while Mommy T is at the hospital.  There were a few days there I thought I had taken on another full-time job, but things are beginning to settle   Papa J's Mom and sister are here and the children are with them at their own home, so I know I just plan play dates 2x a week and during the far too frequent surgeries.   It was finally discovered Papa J has 27 multiple broken bones throughout his body, not including multiple breaks in the same bone.  He is in need of reconstructive surgery, but Praise God he sat up on the side of the bed this morning.
This unfortunate event has made me realize how grateful I am for the support system I do have here within our home school community, my friends from church and the gym.  It has also caused me to realize how quickly your life can change.  I try to put off phone calls from when I am not driving, I hug my kids a little longer before I leave and bed time stories are more of a priority.
Please continue to pray for my friends, Papa J's fighting spirit, his amazing wife, confused children, his mom and sister and all of the volunteers who are giving so selflessly through this.

No comments: