Thursday, January 17, 2013

Christmas with Paw Paw Claus

Why is it after time goes by traditions seem harder to hang onto?  I am so grateful for my family and the new traditions that are we are trying to begin on our own. I am also so grateful for brothers and their wives who know how much Christmas means to my family, especially my mom.
We spent Christmas Eve's Eve at my parents this year.  Some things had to change as my mom had an unexpected surgery the week before Christmas.  She had already purchased a ham and my twin brothers each had their own visions for turkeys, so my sister-in-law, Marissa cooked like a Mimi and produced a great Christmas Eve dinner.    Granny and Grandma joined us, all of the kids got their traditional Christmas jammies, we had pictures with Paw Paw Claus, stockings filled to the brim and then off to bed while visions of sugar plums danced in our heads.

No comments: