Thursday, January 31, 2013

102+ years young

 Mr. House has been my parent's next door neighbor since I was 6 years old, 32 years.  Ryan and Bryan was HR's age when we met him.   Over the weekend, I made sure to take the kids to visit him.  He is now in an assisted living home.  He fell twice over the holidays due to him being so weak with complications of pneumonia.  When he got over the pneumonia they transferred him to the assisted living home to him get his strength back in his legs.
Mr. House is an absolute inspiration to me.  When I met him, he was in his 70's and still swam, ran and bicycled about town.  He had washboard abs and was more active than I am today in my 30's.  He was taking the youth from his church to camp each summer and participating and winning in the Seniors Olympics. If it weren't for the fall, he would have been walking and if it weren't for his hearing I would not have known I was speaking to someone over a century old.  

No comments: