Wednesday, January 16, 2013

new Christmas experience

A few months back, LE asked if we could spend Christmas morning at our house.  I thought as time got closer she would change her mind when she realized we would only be in Kerrville for a few days.
But, she didn't.
For the first time ever we spent Christmas together just us, in our home and I realized around Johnson City at 6 pm that would mean I would need to prepare a C-mas dinner.  We made a stop in Dripping Springs and I picked up some things to make a birthday cake for Jesus.  I also got some snack items, mainly the things to make our favorite Christmas cheese dip and of course the things to make cookies for Santa.
The kids bought gifts for each other (with their own money).  We did stockings and Santa made a pit stop at our house for the first time ever.  He delivered the girls new two-wheeled Razors.
I am not sure if I am quite ready to make it a tradition, but it was nice to be in our home, spend the day celebrating Jesus' birthday by playing games, staying in jammies all day and making some special memories.

1 comment:

Cari said...

I glad you're back! I've so missed reading your blog. Your friends are in our prayers. Beautiful pics of your little ones!