Thursday, October 04, 2012

the new normal

This past Tuesday was my last official day at the Y.  I will continue to sub and attend socials and hopefully someday will be able to go back to teaching the silver sneakers classes.  In the meantime, we are trying to find a new normal.
This week, R2 has had two dr appts, one with his ENT and one with the ophthalmologist.  When he had his hearing test before the tubes, his hearing was at 40 (normal is between 0-20), at his follow up, he was between 15-20.  Since the surgery he has added a lot of words, mostly grunts, but our new fave word is Beba (Bella), it makes for a very proud sister.  At his ophthalmologist appt we found out he has strabismus.  Doctor said it was a mild case and recommended we have him tested again in six months to see if it has corrected itself.  He said we could do glasses, but good luck with keeping them on.
On Wednesday, was our first day in a long time to complete everything on our school checklists.  I was even able to go to the grocery store during the boy's nap time.  I felt very successful at the end of the day when I looked back and noticed what I had achieved; school work, bed made, 2 loads of laundry, grocery store, taught aqua at 24, my workout (CXworx) and a pot of Paula Deen's noodle soup in everyone's belly.  I am hoping this is a trend.

1 comment:

mary.mimi said...

you do realize normal is only a setting on your dryer right ?? :)