Monday, October 15, 2012

Science curriculum - apologia

I have finally found a science curricula that I am excited about.  I have seen it presented it at multiple curriculum shares and several friends have highly recommended it.  Our neighbor home schools also uses this curriculum.  Kirsty loaned me her science book and even gave us the links to her lapbook to preview.  At 100 pages (per child) in color, I figured it was cheaper to purchase the science journal than print out, assemble and create lapbooks for each girl.  Kirsty's girls taught the girls the first lesson in our science book.  It was so great, hoping they will want to come to do that again soon.  We sorted our family's shoes into kingdoms, phylums, classes, orders, families, genuses, and species.  It was a great object lesson and I am hoping the rest of the year keeps our attention as well as the introduction b/c we will be learning about botany for an entire school year.

No comments: