Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Cedar Creek Dinosaur Park

This past weekend, we cashed in another groupon find at the Cedar Creek Dinosaur Park.  There were several life-sized dinosaur exhibits and I had hoped there would be some dinosaur tracks or fossils, but they were also replicas.  I had heard about the park through homeschool field trip ideas and things to do around Austin.  I am glad we did not pay full price b/c it was only a nature walk with dinosaur facts and large replicas.  There was a scavenger hunt with 15 clues.  At the end of the trail there was a place to dig up dinosaur bones and a playscape.  It was a deal for the price we payed, but I think next time we will venture to Glen Rose to see the fossils.  If you have a dinosaur hunter in your family or are doing a study on dinosaurs it could be worth the full cost of admission.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Looks like the kiddos had fun! I need to give H some lovin! Missed you guys at Avery's party!