Wednesday, September 08, 2010

new school desk

This is my favorite piece of furniture in the entire house. My friend, Belinda purchased it at an antique show in Comfort when I was in high school. Every time I went to her house I ooohed and ahhhed over it. Recently, she moved into a smaller home and was having an auction to sell off some of her unneeded pieces. I was able to buy this sweet side-by-side school desk for the girls. It ended up being LE's birthday present. I think it is one of the reasons the girls love school so much.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Paper Potter said...

That's so sweet! And you're probably right about it being why they love school so much .... I remember as a 3rd grader going to a neighbor's garage during the summer where I "taught" school at a half dozen little kids desks this family set up every summer. Thanks for bringing that memory to the top .... I haven't thought about that in decades.

Marissa said...

I love that desk! I am so glad that school is going so well and they are loving it so much!