Friday, September 17, 2010

Daddy's birthday

One of Ben's favorite things for us to do is to sit down and have breakfast together.  On his birthday morning, the girls and I got up and made him a big breakfast.  He had to work, so we did not get to spend the day together and I had to work that night.  That morning, Ben called me and told me he was breaking out in hives.  Me, being the smart person that I am knew it what it was right away, stress.
We thought we would make Daddy a special birthday lunch - shrimp, steamed artichokes and his favorite cookies - oatmeal raisins.  Did not think much else of his stress until we saw him for lunch.  His face was bright red.   He looked like he was hurting bad.  He said it itched and was going to take Benadryl in case it was an allergic reaction to something. 
I had to work at 4, so did not see him again until I got home that evening.  He actually called me and asked me to come home early.  When I got home, we loaded up the car and headed to the urgent care clinic.  His neck was swelling up and it had spread to other parts of his body.  Correct Diagnosis - poison ivy.  He is still suffering from it this morning, so hoping to celebrate his birthday the right way very soon! 
Hapy - created by LE
Birthday - created by Bella

4 comments:

Marissa said...

oh no!! I hope ben gets to feeling better soon! Praying for a quick recovery!

lindsay said...

bellas B's and R's are remarkable!

Amanda said...

Well that stinks! I hope Ben feels better!

Mrs. Jenk said...

Both of you got sick for your birthday- no fun!