Thursday, July 01, 2010

new chef in town

When I was teaching I bought a kids in the kitchen cookbook that had been packed up until the move. I found it recently and gave it to LE to "play" with. She started looking at the pictures and decided she wanted to cook something for dinner. Last week, she made chicken, broccoli, rice and cheese casserole (not out of book - just what we had on hand) and she ate two helpings - she does not eat rice EVER, cooked cheese or cooked broccoli for that matter. This week she has made strawberry cupcakes - (kind of adapted b/c did not want the sugar in cupcakes so we did shortcakes) and nachos - she does not eat strawberries and I guess has decided melted cheese is not bad after all. Tonight, she is making Taco Grande - which she also read the words to me "taco grand"
*for those who have asked she will be homeschooled, blogpost coming up soon about that. Must go make "Taco Grand"
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Marissa said...

That is so fun! And what a great way to get her to try things out! Emmie already loves "helping" in the kitchen...I can't wait till she is a little bigger and really is able to help in the kitchen!

mary.mimi said...

now with a 'more than one-butt' kitchen it is great to let her explore. She does have the chef-gene..not sure where she got it :)
I for one can hardly wait to try the dishes.!! tell her to get ready I will be there asap!!!
Glad to see you back in blogland

MikeandCharlsie said...

How fun! You are a great example of letting the kids be creative!
Oh and YAY for homeschooling it's nice to see others who do it or plan to do it :)

lindsay said...

she can make me strawberry shortcakes any day!