Wednesday, July 28, 2010

good with the bad

I hate to share ho-hum news, but unfortunately when it comes to dealing with people I have learned you have to roll with the punches.  This past outreach was not one of my more favorite moments being downtown.  We had plenty of food and plenty of clothing, but the overall vibe of the morning was off. 
Every morning, when we arrive we first get out the food and after everyone is served we then get out the clothing.  This month, we took my mom-in-law's truck, so they saw the clothes and shoes before we were ready to get them out.  They just encircled the truck, would not eat and would not listen to me that I would get the items out after everyone had eaten.  Their eyes were on the shoes and did not matter one thing I said.  It was as if they stepped away I might give them to someone else.  It was very frustrating.  We also encountered some other attitudes, but I can only imagine the sleepless nights they spend on the streets so I try to look past it.  I saw a lot of new faces, and a lot of familiar faces.  We were able to pass out deodorant and lots of jeans.  My cousin's husband brought several decks of cards which they were so excited about.

I am creating a new project and a new blog, as soon as it is up and running I will share with you the big news.  Please pray for us & this project, b/c it could literally change lives.

3 comments:

mary.mimi said...

Thanx for the perspective. I know what we do matters...and it is for an audience of ONE. sorry I whined.

kayjsmith said...

glad they liked the cards, i got those from a co-worker of mine...sorry it wasnt as great as times before, but maybe god was working on something bigger...take care

lindsay said...

can't wait to hear about the new project! troy told me about this weekend, sorry to hear about certain situations, but still wish we could have gone. hopefully next time!