Saturday, February 28, 2009

thankful

I interrerupt my normal blogging life to just be thankful, think of it as a commercial break...

Do you ever just sit in amazement at how cool your life really is?
   
I lead one of the funnest lives.  I get to stay at home with my girls. 

As I flipped the calendar tonight, I had to take a breath as my calendar already looked full, but then I read what I was doing and smiled.  Our month is filled with playdates with new & old friends.  
A little over a year ago I decided to pursue stampin' up as a way to bring moms together for fellowship.  I quickly learned I am not a salesperson, nor do I want to be.  Then, as I said in a previous post I heard the Lord say give it up I have bigger plans for you.  Since then, I started doing the child care at our women's Bible study.  I really felt called to do the child care (and believe me I have been given grief about not attending).  But, God has opened more days by serving the mommies.  I have met 6-7 NEW moms in the past 2 months.  Our church is big and it is easy to get lost in the crowd, it is also easy to stay within your circle of friends and not stretch out to those new faces.  I know how easy it is to get the blah's as a stay-at-home mom.  So, God has really opened my eyes to reaching out to new people and I am so thankful he has.  

No comments: