Friday, February 27, 2009

Acts 2:17

THAT I WILL POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT ON ALL MANKIND;
  AND YOUR SONS AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY,
  AND YOUR YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS,
  AND YOUR OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS;

I was reading (Voices of the Faithful) of a missionary in South Asia.  He was walking in a village and an older woman bent with age came running up to him.  She was yelling with excitement, she told him that a man in a white robe appeared to her in a dream & told her that if she came to the river that day, she would find men who would give her God's Word.  She repeatedly yelled, "are you the men?"  They gave her a Bible in her language.  She hugged it and said she had seeked all her life for God's Word and and that she would read it to her children and her grandchildren.  When they knew God's Word she said, she could then die in peace.
Lord, please never let me go grow tired of your Word, may I always be as excited as she to receive your wisdom for me.  

No comments: