Thursday, February 05, 2009

hard dose of reality

There are about 5 faces that I vividly remember from Africa. Everyday it seems I think less of Africa and come to the realization that it was 11 amazing days and I got to be a part of an amazing thing for some amazing children. Then, every few days something happens and I am taken back, sometimes I cry, sometimes I smile, but every time I am thankful the Lord chose me. Today, was a crying day. Today, I heard the worst news about one of my faces, his name was Musa. He was about Bella's age, or at least her size, he waddled like her and had the biggest smile you could ever imagine. When, I first made a connection with him, he threw up at my feet, so the next day he was one of only a few children who came to the 2nd party. But, that day he was all smiles, he was so happy to see us. He held on to his balloon as if it were treasure. His smile was infectious and he brought my thoughts to home b/c he reminded me of my Bella. Today, I got news that Musa has gone to be with Jesus. The 2nd day I noticed a rash on his hands and prayed for him, but we saw so many rashes, it could have been anything. I have asked God all evening why him of 6,000 children why the face that represented Africa most to me, the baby I have shown everyone, why him? Ben and I have talked about it all night and I came to the realization that Africa has become simply a memory of 11 days. There is really so much that can be done! And right now I am the voice of those babies. Please, just b/c I do not have any more stories to share, please don't forget these faces. There is so much that we can do. We can pray and maybe that is all you can do, but for $4 a month they can feed a child at the care point. Please consider sponsoring a baby for $30, or for $110 put a child through school, or for $4.50 a month providing the AIDS meds that they so desperately need. YOU can make a difference. http://www.childrenscup.org

3 comments:

Mrs. Jenk said...

Oh Kristi, I am so sorry. That face is so precious. Thank you for sharing Africa and Musa with us.

Anonymous said...

Baby girl those are not just memories .. those are heart-spots...never will you be the same...they will continue to bring joy and sorry..but NEVER will you forget the 11 day JOURNEY God has taken you...it will last a lifetime...LUB YA>>>

Erica Wagner said...

You know... maybe Musa's destiny was fulfilled when he met you. Thank you for bringing him to the forefront of our minds and hearts.